w[h]o build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w[h]o build thread

July 2010, my 05 Mustang engine seize up and i was told i was gna need a new engine or rebuild it. I was already in debt with charging a rebuild tranmission for the mustang, and 4 brand new tires. *How the hell do you get 2 flat tires at the same time!?!?* Well anyways enough of the mustang, i wanted a brand new car so i wont have to worry about auto repairs every month and just the feeling of a brand new car!

So i traded my 05 mustang to the libertyville Chevy dealership for a new 2010 SIM camaro

The 350z is my mom's car lol same color and only have like 10k miles for being a 07 model

The camaro was my first manual car, took me about a week to figure it out and lots of embrassment stalling out on the road. First mod i did was added a SLP loudmonth II exhaust. The stock ones were so quiet i couldn't hear the engine! About a month later i sold it, sound wasn't my style and got a SLP loudmonth I.

Soon winter hits and i didn't touch it till 2011 spring came around. Next thing was adding blackout truck area and orange hood spear stripes.

Lot of people question me why i did orange hood spears. Well all the sim camaro i see has black stripes. And there were few i saw with orange. Like 2 i think. So just trying to be different i when with orange. Still like the black and silver theme with a hint of orange!

After that i join the camaro5 forum and soon i found this c5g forum! and that's where i met Pete. Always wanted orange halos to match my stripes but didn't wanna installed it myself cause i can see myself ruining my headlights. Thanks to Pete for getting these in my car!

]

Next were the wheels and tires. At first i didn't care mind the stock rims, kinda matches the paint of my car. But i was going for the black and silver theme so they needed to go. Got a use set of TSW strip wheels from camaro5 forum

i was so excited i couldn't wait to put it on so i did it that night. It actually took a lot longer than i thought. These wheels were heavier than the stock ones

when from 18 inch to 20 inch and liking it. i don't think i would go any futher than 20 inches. First thing i notice was that these wheels were making my mpg go down. i use to avg. like 25-27 mpg now with these wheels, its like 20-21. Guess you gotta pay to play right?

Would love to do more to it but im saving for a house now. Of course leaving some extra money aside for later upgrades.
    some random pic i took awhile back

kinda mess up this "camaro" sticker oh well fix it later

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good, thanks for posting your journal !
      ]
      2016 2SS NFG Auto Adrenalin Red NPP MRC
      Previous:
      2011 LLT Black RS [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler Much More..

Comment

Great job. I look forward to seeing more.
        SLP ZL575 Package; Kooks 1-7/8" Coated; Borla S Exhaust; Fastmotorsports Tune; 35% Window Tint; MGW Shifter; Heritage Grill; Dual Color Halos; Colored Stitching

Showstopper - Stripes; Premium Underhood Package; LED Side Markers; LED Mirrors; Interior Painted Panels; Floor Lighting; Red ABL;

552 RWHP 541 RWTQ

Comment

It really is a nice looking car.
          sigpic
          2011 1LT/RS
          Transformers Special Edition
          Trifecta Performance Custom Tune
          SLP Blackwing Cold-Air Induction Package
          Gibson Muscle Car Axle Back Exhaust System

Comment

Nice looking car

2010 Camaro LS. SLP loudmouth Exhaust with custom piping, Custom Benchmark tuning turbo kit 1of1, SS front bumper
            with ACS ports, RS Headlights,Painted camaro lettering, Black headlight area.GM heritage Grille, Custom blue lighted
            engine bay, black SS rims and tires, Showstopper Sidemarker, RK sport Spoiler,LED dome & plate light, Rear blacked out
            painted matte black, Roof painted gloss black.

Comment

Nice wheel choice
              Checkout our full line of 5th Gen Camaro Underhood Accessories.
              sigpic
              www.showstopperaccessories.com
              Be a fan of Showstopper Accessories on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
              X