August 2nd, 2020, 8th Annual Cruise Cruise To Lake Geneva, Sunday, August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 2nd, 2020, 8th Annual Cruise Cruise To Lake Geneva, Sunday, August

8th Annual Cruise to Lake Geneva - Sunday, August 2, 2020 !
    Ginos East is eager to have us back !
    It's that time again. The 2020 Lake Geneva Cruise will be on Sunday, August 2nd.
    Xello has agreed to assist in planning the Route and to lead the Cruise. A BIG THANK YOU TO XELLO !!

We had an amazing 53 Camaros for the 2015 cruise and over 30 in 2016 Cruise and 35 cars in 2019.
    Can we beat that? Is it possible?
    If you need to save a vacation day, this is one to save for.

DETAILS:

The Starting Line: The starting line this year will be at Mars Cheese Castle at 2800 W. Frontage Rd., Kenosha, WI. We are planning on starting the cruise just at 10;30 SHARP !, so you'll want to get there early so you can stock up on your cheese and be all set and ready to cruise.

The Cruise: We will cruise to Lake Geneva via country highways and tree lined Rustic Roads while admiring the Wisconsin scenery. Glacial hills and winding roads and a whole bunch of fun are included on the route. We will be travelling at a safe but brisk pace. We'll make two quick stops along the way; the first at Bushnell Park in Burlington for some photo-ops and the second in Lyons for a fuel stop. We should arrive in Lake Geneva approx ??.

The Pit Stop: Parking will be either arranged at The Cove of Lake Geneva by allowing us to park in their resort parking lot in the downtown area or we will be parking in the Eastview Elementary School parking lot which is usually completely empty and down the street a bit. I will follow up on this shortly. We are having lunch at the Gino's East restaurant which is right on the lake and close to downtown shopping. We will have a raffle for various door prizes during lunchtime. After lunch the rest of the afternoon will be yours to shop, take a boat tour or just explore beautiful Lake Geneva.

Lunch Details:
    FOR DUES PAYING MEMBERS
    Gino's East of Lake Geneva. $15 per person, $7.50 for kids 12 and under for all DUES PAYING MEMBERS
    includes a pizza buffet, salads and non-alcoholic beverages, taxes included.
    The actual cost is More this time but the Club or Lawdog will subsidize DUES PAYING MEMBERS to keep the number at $15 per person.

HOWEVER
    Non-DUES PAYING MEMBERS will have to pay $19 for adults and $10.00 for kids 12 and under, So pay your dues and then sign up for the trip!! We have alot of things planed this year where you will be glad you paid your dues.

I need you to, please pay in advance using the PayPal links that C5G/CNG has set up for us.
    That will really help with organization because we have to sign a contract with the restaurant and I need to know what our monetary exposure is EARLY !
    After all, I aint made of money man !
    You may still pay when you arrive at Jelly Belly if absolutely necessary but I want to make sure we have seating for everyone so we need to know EARLY unless you like to stand when you eat ! LOL
    Thank you for your understanding.

Please prepay for lunch using these links:

Lake Geneva Adult Ticket NON-Member - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=MLXHN669MYRC2

Lake Geneva Adult Ticket - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=W9NRDCVBF6RLJ

Lake Geneva Kid Ticket - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=ZLQGSWQBZ7AN4

You will select the number of people attending, and also click the link to enter your forum name in the notes.

Very important that it would be best if you buy your lunch tickets when you sign up so we have sufficient funds for the reservation at Gino's East for lunch.
    This will help out tremendously if you buy your lunch ticket NOW so we can advise the restaurant accordingly.
    We want to avoid having to collect any money on the day of the event!!!

Seating and subsidies may be limited so sign up to reserve your spot and remember to pay your dues first, THANKS !

THIS IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT WHEN WE COMMIT TO THE RESTAURANT THEY WILL HAVE TO BE PAID.
    DAILY DRIVERS IF NECESSARY at the back of the line.

Please let me know if you will be participating in the cruise and how many will be included for lunch (please note if any are children).
    ====================

Cruise Participants (lunch, adults/kids):

1) Xello Not eating
    2) Lawdog (1) (paid) and eating
    3) Global Warmer paid and eating
    4) Indyfestival15. not eating just cruising
    5) TigBaby (1) not eating
    6) Kcazretsof not eating
    7) Some Wisconsin Dude (hehe) not eating
    8) Link400 not eating
    9) Kitty not eating
    10) Jimmy , (2 eating with us)
    11) GML1998 (eating with us )
    12) Jim Shepeard (paid and 2 eating with us)
    13) Cordero70 (not eating)
    Last edited by Lawdog; 08-08-2020, 10:32 PM.

Please Go Sign up for Lake Geneva Cruise .
    Wisconsin is OPEN and they want us back !

Comment

Folks we really need people to start signing up for this event early or it may be cancelled.

We have attempted several events now and we are doing our best to plan things at locations where we can go despite Illinois problems.

This is your club, and its time to come out and play !!

Comment

Lake Geneva cruise is back Sunday August 2,2020. We dont have much going on this year Because of the virus, but lets sign up and go out for a cruise where we can social distance if we want and still enjoy a fun cruise through some great back roads that Xello has set up.
        This is probably one of the best cruises of the year to see the beautiful state of Wisconsin, we will also be making at least one pit stop during our cruise.
        Put me down for this cruise, and we will see you at the Jelly Belly factory.

Comment

Bill, I need to know if the cruise will be happening by this Friday so I can reconnoiter this weekend. I've invited the Wisconsin Camaro group so that might add to the car numbers.

I believe Jelly Belly is closed because of the Covid so we can just meet at Mars Cheese Castle. FYI, Masks are required to go inside there.

You might consider this making this just a cruise and let people fend for themselves in Lake Geneva. I personally wont be staying for lunch there because they dont social or mask very good in Lake Geneva.

Comment

Yes this cruise is on and we will be eating at Ginos east for lunch.

Its great that your inviting other members from the wisconsin club, please tell them to sign up on our website so we know what the numbers are soon and they need to indicate if they are eating with us as well.

Thanks

Comment

can't make it we have a graduation party and my band practice is that evening.

Comment

In for cruise But not lunch. Thanks!

Comment

In for the cruise, but not lunch. I shared this webpage with Wisconsin Camaro and told members to sign up here if they are interested in lunch. I'll keep you updated with an approx head count from the WI Camaro side. I'll also be creating some Google Maps and a Calimoto navigational map for those who like maps.

'17 Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro ZL1 Coupe

President of Wisconsin Camaro

Comment

We are in for the cruise, but not lunch. Thanks!
                    kcazretsof - 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible Hyper Blue Metallic

Previous:
                    2010 Camaro 2SS RS RJT - ARH LT, HF Cats, Corsa Cat-back, Nickey Tune

Comment

I am going to save a bunch of money cause no one wants to eat with me. so much for the Door Buster discounts I was going to offer. LMAO

Comment

In for the cruise,not for the lunch though. Looking forward to it!!

Comment

3 for the cruise. No lunch.

Comment

The route was driven today and the roads are looking good. A slight detour because of road construction after leaving Mars Cheese Castle but nothing major.

Jelly Belly is closed due to the coronavirus. Please make a note in the main instructions that we will meet and leave from Mars Cheese Castle, NOT Jelly Belly. MCC opens at 9:00 am. Face masks are required to enter regardless of age. Proper social distancing is also required. Otherwise, plenty of cheese curds to be had.

The cruise will start at 10:30 am. That will give us plenty of time to get to Lake Geneva.

Here are links for Google Maps. They provide navigation of the route for your phone. An important note is each time a waypoint ("destination" in Google terminology) is reached, you will need to tap "continue" to get directions to the next waypoint. Switch to the Stage 2 map after arriving in Lyons.

Stage 1 - Mars Cheese Castle to Lyons

Stage 2 – Lyons to Lake Geneva

Comment

Why so early? Wasn***8217;t it in October? We are celebrating our twins birthday so we can***8217;t make it, really wish we could would love to see everyone!! Really bummed to miss it but have fun

Comment

Working...
                              X