No announcement yet.

Does anyone know cheap decent painter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know cheap decent painter?

Hello everyone, I don't post much on here but I need your guys help!
    I got a second car yesterday.. a 1973 Datsun 240z.
    I am spending the next 2 weeks stripping it down, sandblasting and fixing the body for paint. That being said, I have budgeted 7k for a full paintjob for her. Does anyone know a reputable shop that can paint the whole car for 7 grand or less? I was thinking Dark green with tan rally stripes down the middle. I'll post pictures when I am home. Thanks!
    Da Fisch

MACO, or maybe Earl Schieb, he will paint any car any color for .... Hehe
    Why don't you talk to Pete at Showstoppers. he does a quality job and if you are doing all this prep work he may be able to cut you a good deal.

Comment

Good paint isn't cheap and cheap paint isn't good....but I would think 7K will get you a GOOD paint job. Get ahold of Showstopper (Pete).
      '13 Camaro SS/RS Blue Ray Metallic w/silver stripes, Auto, Rear Vision Package w/camera, Embroidered Console, Blade Spoiler, sunroof.
      Mods: Dyno Tuned by Nickey, Nickey Comp Cam, Fast 102 Intake manifold w/ported TB, Yank 3200 Stall, CNC Ported Heads by Nickey, Kooks Headers, Borla S-type axleback, Nickey Noweeds diverters, 3:91 gear with 1000HP axles, CAI air intake, Foose Legend wheels.
      sigpic
      1.719-60 FT
      11.668 @ 117.91 MPH
      Fastest N/A Member

Comment

we've got a couple sponsors, from Countryside Customs, to Pete @ Showstopper's, and of course some places that others of us have used, so I sent you a PM

Comment

Pete @ Showstoppers paints our Rides.

Comment

Paul (4th gen guy) painted my '51 Mercury:
            Specialties: We are a family owned business specializing in all major body and mechanical repair. We pride ourselves on offering an honest evaluation and cost effective repairs for your car based on your budget. Established in 1994. My father, Ron, started the business in 94 with the hopes of building his own business instead of someone elses for a change. He had a series of job where he would get hired to turn the business around only to get fired when he would succeed in doing so. Rather than letting history repeat itself again, he took the leap to being his own boss with the hopes of building his own business for a change. Business rapidly grew through word of mouth which is the best advertising in my opinion. Unfortunately Ron passed suddenly in 2007 which prompted my mom and I to take over in hopes that his legacy would be the foundation for the customer base to grow. Since 2007 business has been steadily growing over the last 9 years to where it is today and we couldn't be happier.

2010 Camaro SS/RS L99
            13.15@106 1.95 stock
            11.84@113 1.59 bolt-ons stock internal
            10.90@125 1.47 GPI VVT Cam + Bo White Ported Heads

Comment

We can definitely help out. Too bad I didn't get jobs by majority vote

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
              Checkout our full line of 5th Gen Camaro Underhood Accessories.
              sigpic
              www.showstopperaccessories.com
              Be a fan of Showstopper Accessories on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by showstopper View Post
                We can definitely help out. Too bad I didn't get jobs by majority vote

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
                LMAO, like participant voting at a car show heh!

GO SEE PETE, when he is done with that car it will be something to be very proud of !

Comment

I had my Camaro painted by Vince at the Paint Spot in Addison - 630.543.7111. Tell him Doug with the yellow Camaro referred you. Picture attached as a reference.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  Bumblebee 1 of 1

Paint-HOK Sunrise, shaved door handles, concept mirrors, Showstoppers concept LED side markers, lowered, Eibach wheel spacers, wiper blades removed, muffler delete, Range AFM disable.

Comment

I restored a280z I had so much hidden rust after sandblasting I had no rockerpanels left I ended up replacing them with fiberglass it turned out well in the end . GOOD LUCK with your project it was one of my favorite cars
                    2012 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic w/ Silver stripes,Rear Vision Camera,Connectivity Package,Sunroof Mods: Borla Axleback Exhaust , Gauges, Strut Tower Brace, Jack Danials Valve Stem Caps

Comment

There's a guy out in South Beloit who is pretty darned good. I've seen a lot of his work. If you haven't already decided on a shop, let me know and I can get you his contact info.

Comment

Working...
                      X