Is this a standard ZL1 rim option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a standard ZL1 rim option?

I am looking for the 5 spoke forged aluminum ZL1 style rims that are 2 toned, like in the picture here. The 2 toned aspect...is that something that is custom or can they be ordered like that? The ZL1 Chevy page does not offer this color option. I see the "replica" wheels on EBAY but I have no idea how cheaply made those are.

Is there someplace that makes this exact rim, which will fit my current tires (275/35/20 and 295/35/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and will clear the Brembo brakes?

I love my Forgestar F-14's but I want to go in a different direction. Too much black on my car, so I think this would go nicely.

those look great...
    let me know about those f14's

Comment

Not a factory option. Replica or oem silver powdercoated thst way. FreakyFastFreddie and Demon have the oem ones that have been powdercoated.

Comment

Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels, Tire Packages Pricing and Specs Wheels / Tires
        '13 Camaro SS/RS Blue Ray Metallic w/silver stripes, Auto, Rear Vision Package w/camera, Embroidered Console, Blade Spoiler, sunroof.
        Mods: Dyno Tuned by Nickey, Nickey Comp Cam, Fast 102 Intake manifold w/ported TB, Yank 3200 Stall, CNC Ported Heads by Nickey, Kooks Headers, Borla S-type axleback, Nickey Noweeds diverters, 3:91 gear with 1000HP axles, CAI air intake, Foose Legend wheels.
        sigpic
        1.719-60 FT
        11.668 @ 117.91 MPH
        Fastest N/A Member

Comment

Originally posted by YELLR1LE View Post
          those look great...
          let me know about those f14's
          I will.

Comment

Hey Mike, like Toasty said, mine and Demon's are the silver ZL1 5 spoke rims powdercoated gloss black. The replica's that you see are not the same size as the GM ZL1 rims, but are 20x8F and 20x9R where the GM rims that myself and Demon has is 20x10F and 20x11R.

However, just last week I ran across these on ShopChevyParts.com which are actual ZL1 size rims. Note that they are a matte finish and not gloss. Here's a link, scroll down to the bottom of the page: http://www.shopchevyparts.com/camaro...page=2&sort=2a
            sigpic
            2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro, custom paint by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
            Build thread: http://www.chicago5thgen.com/5th-gen...ld-thread.html

Comment

Those look cool. So what exactly is the difference between the ones in your link and the ones you have on the car? They seem to be the same size? 20x10 and 20x11? Yours are the same just powdercoated to look 2 -tone? Did you get yours from Doug at C5? What do you think the difference in $$$ would be to get the all silver ones and do the powdercoating, vs. getting the ones already at shopchevyparts?

I know for a fact that I don't want to see "ZL1" stamped on the spokes, not sure if that factors in at all here.

Originally posted by FreakyFastFreddie View Post
              Hey Mike, like Toasty said, mine and Demon's are the silver ZL1 5 spoke rims powdercoated gloss black. The replica's that you see are not the same size as the GM ZL1 rims, but are 20x8F and 20x9R where the GM rims that myself and Demon has is 20x10F and 20x11R.

However, just last week I ran across these on ShopChevyParts.com which are actual ZL1 size rims. Note that they are a matte finish and not gloss. Here's a link, scroll down to the bottom of the page: http://www.shopchevyparts.com/camaro...page=2&sort=2a

Comment

Originally posted by mikerogs View Post
                Those look cool. So what exactly is the difference between the ones in your link and the ones you have on the car? They seem to be the same size? 20x10 and 20x11? Yours are the same just powdercoated to look 2 -tone? Did you get yours from Doug at C5? What do you think the difference in $$$ would be to get the all silver ones and do the powdercoating, vs. getting the ones already at shopchevyparts?

I know for a fact that I don't want to see "ZL1" stamped on the spokes, not sure if that factors in at all here.
                I powdercoated the silver GM factory rims because the black were not available anywhere in the 20x10 and 20x11 size. I wanted that size. I don't know if the rims in the link I sent previously are powdercoated or painted. I will say that the powdercoating is not perfect where it's stopped at the polished spoke area. It's not an easy job either and only 1 out of 4 shops I asked would even tackle the job. You ask about the cost. Mine were around $600 to get powdercoated but I will say the guy said it was a bigger job than he thought. With that, I bet he would charge more if he did another set. I'm not sure what the shop that did Demon's rims would charge. Maybe he'll chime in.
                sigpic
                2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro, custom paint by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)

Comment

Originally posted by mikerogs View Post

If you don't want to have the "ZL1" on the wheel (covered in powdercoating/paint) your only real choice is the replicas, accept for those ones that freddie linked that may or may not have that stamping, hard to say there

Comment

This is the wheel you want. It says Camaro in the lower window no ZL1 on spoke. It is a GM wheel it comes already finished this way no powder coating needed.as you can see I have them already just be prepared to pay it's not an aftermarket wheel
                    G-MAN

Comment

I have 285/35/20 front and 305/35/20 rear these are 10 and 11 inch wheels same size as ZL.1 wheel. The replica wheels do not come this wide
                      G-MAN

Comment

By the way I know how to get them if you want them. Your local GM dealer probably will have no clue.
                        G-MAN

Comment

Is this a standard ZL1 rim option?

Garrett, didn't know you had access to these. Good to know and I'm curious as to the cost for a set. By the way, IMO, these are the best looking wheels GM puts out for our Camaros and they look great on your car!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyFastFreddie View Post
                            Garrett, didn't know you had access to these. Good to know and I'm curious as to the cost for a set. By the way, IMO, these are the best looking wheels GM puts out for our Camaros and they look great on your car!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
                            Thank you Freddie they look awesome on your car as well.
                            I will pm you current price after I have it!!
                            G-MAN

Comment

That would be great. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X