Dustshield Trim (Need Shop) for V6 to SS brake convert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dustshield Trim (Need Shop) for V6 to SS brake convert

I have the calipers ordered plus the lines that fit, I would need the rotors next and I believe the last part is some black looking disks but they aren't rotors..

Anybody suggest a shop that does any job for a very reasonable price ? Might also need more work as I've purchased many items, thank you!

My thoughts would be , You can have any machine shop, i.e. a tool and die maker or other shop that has a Bridgeport mill , a lathe and Drill press to modify those for you to fit. Get a set of Brake dust shields for a v8 and just tell them where they need to cut/mill or drill to fit or maybe some custom brackets to affix. Should not be a problem

With a few pieces of equipment, I was just about able to make anything like that when I had worked with my dad at the shop.

Comment

Are you referring to the backing plates? Any of the parts you need are available through a GM dealer or look up HAWKs on Facebook, they are a F-body recycler.

Once you have all the hardware and parts everything will bolt up. Do not reuse caliper bolts, they are torque to yield, one use only and use the appropriate loctite

Comment

Working...
      X