Roller skate brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller skate brake pads

my car went in for new rotors and brakes. Started to feel a little wobble at high speeds when I braked so could tell the rotors were a bit warped from heat.Anyways I have the weights on the calipers and did not have roller skate weights on the pads. but apparently, all new pads now have roller skate weights on them. I got my local dealer mechanic to agree to cut them off and leave the weights on the calipers, especially since Pete already painted them.
    so if you don't have roller skates now you will on your first brake job apparently unless you request for some modification work LOL

All they have to do is put gen 1 CTSV pads on... No need to modify anything just use the other pads
    Racing is my life, everything else is just minor details.

"Many things in life will catch your eye, these are mods...... purchase at will."
    THANKS! KidKilowatt!

Hello, my name is Bubbles and i am a mod-addict, and i drive a cashmaro.

You havent lived until you have been to THE FIELD OF SHAPES!

Comment

The weights and roller skates never really helped the issue they were intended to fix. People still complain about break squeal. A friend had his pads replaced on his '10 under warranty because of noise, and they put on skates. At 13,000 the fronts are squealing again.

I just replaced my pads with Hawk HP+ and I noticed the stock pads (with only 3,500 miles) had a very thin film of brake grease on the backs. Mine were already starting to squeal on low speed stops. My Hawks were making all kinds of noise right away, although some is expected for a performance pad. I pulled them back off and put on a liberal amount of brake squeal stop and almost all the noise is gone now. The pads I have will never be 100% quiet, but they are way better now.
      sigpic

Comment

Never had a problem with my brakes squealing. Had the break job done on a Saturday and the pads were preordered. They did a great job notching off the roller blades. can't even tell. It's a good fix if you don't like the look of the roller blades and want to stick with original chevy equipment. I keep hearing about people having squeaking issues, my model was sept. Of 2009, maybe something different was going on with the setup I ended up with cause never had an issue thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbles View Post
          All they have to do is put gen 1 CTSV pads on... No need to modify anything just use the other pads
          Oh really, this is good to know. I'd like to fit 17" skinnies on my car.
          2010 Camaro SS/RS L99
          13.15@106 1.95 stock
          11.84@113 1.59 bolt-ons stock internal
          10.90@125 1.47 GPI VVT Cam + Bo White Ported Heads

Comment

Originally posted by Pro Stock John View Post
            Oh really, this is good to know. I'd like to fit 17" skinnies on my car.
            Yup... I cornered the brembo engineer for the car at a GM event and asked him what was up with them and he explained that you can use gen1 V pads but you will have more NVH from the braking system without weights or roller skates but if you can live with a little more noise do that
            Racing is my life, everything else is just minor details.

"Many things in life will catch your eye, these are mods...... purchase at will."
            THANKS! KidKilowatt!

Hello, my name is Bubbles and i am a mod-addict, and i drive a cashmaro.

You havent lived until you have been to THE FIELD OF SHAPES!

Comment

yes you need either weights on the calipers or the roller skates on the pads but you dont need both. I like the way they perform without the roller skates and also like the way they look without them..

Comment

Just cut the roller blades off a new set of pads again on a brake job. Nice clean look and NO Squeek as of yet. Just made sure we cleaned up all the parts like new again clean the pins and applied some anti squeek (lol) on the back of the pads.
                Last edited by Lawdog; 05-08-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Recently i towed a car i NY the problem was same calipers was wobbling, and the person who was driving didn't get the problem so he called a roadside assistance service i guess he didn't take a risk on his car.

Comment

Originally posted by martinbrown777 View Post
                    Recently i towed a car i NY the problem was same calipers was wobbling, and the person who was driving didn't get the problem so he called a roadside assistance service i guess he didn't take a risk on his car.
                    Old post , new response, not sure what your saying here ?

Comment

Working...
                    X