Car Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Update

I took my car in recently to have different injectors installed as well as an eboost2 controllerand be redyno'd for higher horsepower. Over the summer I bought a used turbonetics kit and brought it to a shop to be installed as well as some smaller things like axles, a fast102 intake manifold, and injectors. While its as there they convinced me to do full stainless exhaust, they removed the cats at my request, and they wanted to install new plugs. They rebuilt the turbo, and ordered some small odds and ends (hoses etc) but the install still took a little over 2 months. During the third month of my summer break that they had the car they were away most of the time, they were waiting on exhaust piping and some other things. Then they took over 2 weeks to tune the car. Before I got it back they told me a main seal in front of the transmission was leaking bad and they had to replace it. After spending 700$ extra and a tab close to 5400 dollars as well as a whole season lost I got my car back. It has been over 5 months since then and I have driven the car maybe 4-5 times since I am at school in Indiana. After asking in at least 6-7 emails they still never emailed me my dyno chart or told me what my RWHP was. They Also never sent a full invoice list of what was done (my father had paid for me since I was at school during pickup and girlfriend drove it home). Hoping I had just had a bad experience I tried to put it behind me.

Jumping forward to now the car is at a new shop getting work done, a much more reputable shop that has touched my car before. After installing the injectors and eboost2 controller and getting my car on a dyno I received the following email.

Paul,
    We didn't get far past the base file without running into some major issues. The car has a dead misfire, maybe needs plugs, if not we need to inspect the valvetrain.
    Your 02 sensors are missing entirely. I don't even see bungs for o2 sensors which will need to be welded on and sensors installed. Some cold side clamps are installed incorrectly/crooked, not a big deal there but something I wanted to note.
    It is raining oil from everywhere, we would need to clean it off and inspect it further to find the source. The car is not able to be tuned with these issues present. Since we didn't install the turbo system or the the other mods you mentioned I don't know if you want us to try and fix it or take it back to the guys that installed these components. Email or call me when you have time.

Thanks,
    _______

At this point I don't know what to think. My parents are both lawyers and will definitely help/guide me through the following next few weeks but I cannot help but feel like I wasn't treated like I should be since I am only 19 years old and taken for granted. I won't have the car the rest of my Christmas break as it gets tuned and the 240z that I am rebuilding won't be driving any time soon either. What do you guys think I should do. Thanks, Happy Holidays.
    Last edited by Da Fisch; 12-22-2014, 04:32 PM.
    Da Fisch

Have you gone back to the shop and told them of their screw up? IF a remedy can't be accomplished....take it to court.
    I am kind of interested in what shop screwed you around.
    '13 Camaro SS/RS Blue Ray Metallic w/silver stripes, Auto, Rear Vision Package w/camera, Embroidered Console, Blade Spoiler, sunroof.
    Mods: Dyno Tuned by Nickey, Nickey Comp Cam, Fast 102 Intake manifold w/ported TB, Yank 3200 Stall, CNC Ported Heads by Nickey, Kooks Headers, Borla S-type axleback, Nickey Noweeds diverters, 3:91 gear with 1000HP axles, CAI air intake, Foose Legend wheels.
    sigpic
    1.719-60 FT
    11.668 @ 117.91 MPH
    Fastest N/A Member

Comment

I can send you a PM, but I rather not let their name out. Like said, they have done good work on others cars. It just took well over 3 months and the tab was outrageous. To add to it they never told me how much the car made. I also asked them to run 9 PSI, they took out the 9 psi springs in the waste gate and installed the 5psi springs.. Too many head throbs. They stopped responding to my emails weeks ago. After the car is fixed and a bill is sent to me I will be accompanying my parents down to the shop to talk to them about it and in a few weeks will have an update for you guys.
      Da Fisch

Comment

Dayum. I'm interested in the shop too thanks.
        01 Ws6 40k miles,01 Ws6,m6, ASC#618 of 1583,AES built forged Ls3 416,LPE Ls3 heads 12-1 comp,FAST 102,N/W 102 Tb,Racetronix F/P,Kooks 2" headers,Kooks yp,Dmh dual c/o's,COMPLETE UMI suspension, Textrellia,Moser 9" spooled w/4.11's & 35 spline axels, Koni 4th Gen's,BMR springs,Sjm abs delete, tuned @ Straightline's mustang dyno 545hp/525tq

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully you're able to work things out with the original shop.
          sigpic
          2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro, custom paint by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
          Build thread: http://www.chicago5thgen.com/5th-gen...ld-thread.html

Comment

I always hate hearing the headaches you are going though with that build. So sorry to hear man. My offer still stands if it's needed bud.

Comment

Originally posted by SYCK SS View Post
              I always hate hearing the headaches you are going though with that build. So sorry to hear man. My offer still stands if it's needed bud.
              It's at speed inc for now but I'll definitely keep you in mind for the future.
              Da Fisch

Comment

Originally posted by Da Fisch View Post
                It's at speed inc for now but I'll definitely keep you in mind for the future.
                Be careful. Remember the reason I had to replace my motor.

Comment

Should have went to Nickey. Stefano and the guys are really good and stand behind their work.
                  45th convertible ss, roto fab cold air, SW chambered cat back

Comment

Thanks!

No one is perfect and things do happen. The key is how issues, if they do arise are handled by both parties involved.
                    Last edited by NicKey; 01-05-2015, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by syck ss View Post
                      be careful. Remember the reason i had to replace my motor.
                      tbt
                      01 Ws6 40k miles,01 Ws6,m6, ASC#618 of 1583,AES built forged Ls3 416,LPE Ls3 heads 12-1 comp,FAST 102,N/W 102 Tb,Racetronix F/P,Kooks 2" headers,Kooks yp,Dmh dual c/o's,COMPLETE UMI suspension, Textrellia,Moser 9" spooled w/4.11's & 35 spline axels, Koni 4th Gen's,BMR springs,Sjm abs delete, tuned @ Straightline's mustang dyno 545hp/525tq

Comment

Working...
                      X