Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LS3/L99 with Vitesse throttle controller? Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS3/L99 with Vitesse throttle controller? Anyone?

Is anyone here using the Vitesse Throttle Controller to reduce acceleration lag? I've seen many great articles and some bad on the device and wanted to get your thoughts.
    Last edited by SS Daddy; 01-13-2016, 12:04 PM.
    2015 Camaro 2SS/RS (L99)
    +Kooks Long Tube Headers with no cats
    +Rotofab CAI
    +Resonator delete / XPipe
    +SLP Loudmouth I axle-back exhaust
    +3.91 gears w/1000HP axles
    +Vitesse Throttle Controller
    +Noweeds electrical exhaust diverters
    +NicKey performance tune

I'm curious about this as well. I saw some of the bad reviews and I decided it wasn't worth it.
    '11 Red Jewel Tintcoat 2SS/RS L99
    GM 1LE 3.91 gears
    Stainless Power LT Headers w/ high flow cats.
    CAI intake
    SLP Loudmouth axel back
    Tuned by Speed inc

Comment

Most of the articles I read seemed that alot of people that had them took them off after awhile from what I have read over the last year or two.

Comment

I have it. Accelerator reacts much faster. I've had it on since June to November with no problems.

Last edited by Hoosierguy; 01-14-2016, 08:51 PM.
        '13 Camaro SS/RS Blue Ray Metallic w/silver stripes, Auto, Rear Vision Package w/camera, Embroidered Console, Blade Spoiler, sunroof.
        Mods: Dyno Tuned by Nickey, Nickey Comp Cam, Fast 102 Intake manifold w/ported TB, Yank 3200 Stall, CNC Ported Heads by Nickey, Kooks Headers, Borla S-type axleback, Nickey Noweeds diverters, 3:91 gear with 1000HP axles, CAI air intake, Foose Legend wheels.
        sigpic
        1.719-60 FT
        11.668 @ 117.91 MPH
        Fastest N/A Member

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosierguy View Post
          I have it. Accelerator reacts much faster. I've had it on since June to November with no problems.
          That is good news !
          I have been thinking about it also.

Comment

I have it on my V6. So far, I love it. It accelerates much faster.

2010 Camaro LS. SLP loudmouth Exhaust with custom piping, Custom Benchmark tuning turbo kit 1of1, SS front bumper
            with ACS ports, RS Headlights,Painted camaro lettering, Black headlight area.GM heritage Grille, Custom blue lighted
            engine bay, black SS rims and tires, Showstopper Sidemarker, RK sport Spoiler,LED dome & plate light, Rear blacked out
            painted matte black, Roof painted gloss black.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm going to give it a try seeing a majority of the people seem to be happy. I ordered the device directly from Vitesse (link below) and hope to have it within a week or two. Car is still hibernating for winter but I'll probably put it on and run a quick 2K RPM test to see how the different settings are impacted. I won't have full impressions / road test until Spring

2015 Camaro 2SS/RS (L99)
              +Rotofab CAI
              +NicKey performance tune

Comment

In the reviews what were the issues they were having? I was looking to get one my self.

Comment

Originally posted by Back in blk View Post
                  In the reviews what were the issues they were having? I was looking to get one my self.
                  Most issues I've been seeing relate to random diagnostic messages showing up on the dash with symptoms others are referring to as "limp mode" / reduced power output from throttle. It looks like clearing the diagnostic code and recalibrating the Vitesse Controller fixes the issue.

It's really hard to tell if the device itself is the issue. Each one of these complaints could be related to the driving patterns, recent modifications or abuse of the controls available on controller. These cars DO NOT deserve an ECO mode, so stick to performance settings. Also, don't abuse SP9 (max setting)
                  2015 Camaro 2SS/RS (L99)
                  +Rotofab CAI
                  +NicKey performance tune

Comment

Just installed Vitesse Throttle Controller. Getting to the back pedal harness was a pain in the butt. I had to throw my legs in the back seat and rest my back on the driver seat in order to get in there. Overall, install took 10-minutes (including device programming).

Initial thoughts from testing within garage... AWESOME. Very noticeable improvement cycling through the 9 different sport settings. Below is a small video I made showing a 1500RPM climb from SP0 setting to SP9. SP9 I can tell is just going to be ridiculous. I have 3.91 gears and I can't imagine much traction when greater than SP7. I can't wait for spring to do a road test!

https://youtu.be/U1exPSnMz30
                    2015 Camaro 2SS/RS (L99)
                    +Rotofab CAI
                    +NicKey performance tune

Comment

Car sounds awesome!

Comment

You will love it......when spring gets here.
                        '13 Camaro SS/RS Blue Ray Metallic w/silver stripes, Auto, Rear Vision Package w/camera, Embroidered Console, Blade Spoiler, sunroof.
                        Mods: Dyno Tuned by Nickey, Nickey Comp Cam, Fast 102 Intake manifold w/ported TB, Yank 3200 Stall, CNC Ported Heads by Nickey, Kooks Headers, Borla S-type axleback, Nickey Noweeds diverters, 3:91 gear with 1000HP axles, CAI air intake, Foose Legend wheels.
                        sigpic
                        1.719-60 FT
                        11.668 @ 117.91 MPH
                        Fastest N/A Member

Comment

Save your money and spend it on real go fast parts like long tube Headers, a vararam, haltech intake, dyno tune etc etc.
                          01 Ws6 40k miles,01 Ws6,m6, ASC#618 of 1583,AES built forged Ls3 416,LPE Ls3 heads 12-1 comp,FAST 102,N/W 102 Tb,Racetronix F/P,Kooks 2" headers,Kooks yp,Dmh dual c/o's,COMPLETE UMI suspension, Textrellia,Moser 9" spooled w/4.11's & 35 spline axels, Koni 4th Gen's,BMR springs,Sjm abs delete, tuned @ Straightline's mustang dyno 545hp/525tq

Comment

Originally posted by Back in blk View Post
                            Car sounds awesome!
                            Thanks All work done by NicKey Chicago.
                            2015 Camaro 2SS/RS (L99)
                            +Rotofab CAI
                            +NicKey performance tune

Comment

Originally posted by litle88 View Post
                              Save your money and spend it on real go fast parts like long tube Headers, a vararam, haltech intake, dyno tune etc etc.
                              I was skeptical on the purchase of the Throttle Controller until I actually pulled the trigger and bought one. For $184 (shipping included) it's not much of a loss. Vitesse stands by their product and will guarantee satisfaction or your money back.

I have the long tube headers, cold air intake, 3.91 gears and dyno tune and can say this supplements them all very well. It's nice being able to jump into your car and fool your muscle memory into relearning the response of the throttle. Worth every penny.
                              2015 Camaro 2SS/RS (L99)
                              +Rotofab CAI
                              +NicKey performance tune

Comment

Working...
                              X