Clutch recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch recommendation?

2010 SS, 108000 miles, I don't think I can push it much farther. I am feeling the occasional slip on the highway. Getting the burning clutch smell whenever I reverse right after a cold start.

Not sure if I should just do an oem replacement, or get something different. I don't race. Just a 25k/mile per year commute.

Any recommendations on what to get? Where to go for install? ~$?

Go OEM. If it made it 100k miles no reason not to get another.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SYCK SS View Post
      Go OEM. If it made it 100k miles no reason not to get another.

Probably will. I want to look at other options though, as this oem clutch has probably the worst feel of any MT car I have ever driven. Of course, I am not sure an aftermarket clutch would change that.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyh View Post
        Probably will. I want to look at other options though, as this oem clutch has probably the worst feel of any MT car I have ever driven. Of course, I am not sure an aftermarket clutch would change that.
        Way to help slightly with that is to separate reservoir for clutch fluid. It shares with brakes from factory and have been known to see issues. Also changing and upgrading fluid to dot4 might help.

Other then that if you want a "firmer" pedal you can go aftermarket. But they don't tend to last as long.

Also some have added a "spring" to the pedal too. That's more of a bandaid.

Comment

Originally posted by SYCK SS View Post
          Way to help slightly with that is to separate reservoir for clutch fluid. It shares with brakes from factory and have been known to see issues. Also changing and upgrading fluid to dot4 might help.

Other then that if you want a "firmer" pedal you can go aftermarket. But they don't tend to last as long.

Also some have added a "spring" to the pedal too. That's more of a bandaid.

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

I would listen to SYCK SS . He is right on the money on this issue. Seperate Reservoir and OEM clutch is your best bet , but getting 100,000 miles in stop and go Chicago traffic is actually not that bad for a clutch LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdog View Post
              I would listen to SYCK SS . He is right on the money on this issue. Seperate Reservoir and OEM clutch is your best bet , but getting 100,000 miles in stop and go Chicago traffic is actually not that bad for a clutch LOL
              No no. I am mostly highway. No way I'd get that many miles in city driving.

Comment

I've never had good luck with an AM clutch. OEM seems a lot better (unless you get performance versions).

Comment

Working...
                X