Camaro Ambient Lighting - Footwell & Cup Holder Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro Ambient Lighting - Footwell & Cup Holder Kit

Camaro Ambient Lighting GM Accessories 10-12 Footwell & Cup Holder Kit 20971891

Has anyone installed the GM Camaro Ambient footwell and cup holder Lighting kit? I bought one. Any pointers or things to watch out for?
    sigpic

Tigger's convertible came with it installed from the dealer, so no pointers on the install, but it's just about to get upgraded

Comment

Originally posted by Skyfox View Post
      Camaro Ambient Lighting GM Accessories 10-12 Footwell & Cup Holder Kit 20971891

Has anyone installed the GM Camaro Ambient footwell and cup holder Lighting kit? I bought one. Any pointers or things to watch out for?
      Mine came with it from the dealer and the button controling it is inside the center cup holders. That area always seems to run a tad warm. Not sure if the lighting/wiring is causing it but something to maybe consider.

Comment

I had mine installed at the local dealer. Not sure if every installation is the same, but yes there are 5 settings. A push button in the cupholder area allows you to select:

1)off 2)a faint blue 3)a brighter blue 4)a faint red 5) a brighter red.

When you shut the car off and then turn it back on, it reverts to the last setting.

I can not however, turn on the footwell lighting separate from the cupholder lighting. It's all or nothing. I do like it, but I wish it was brighter. Even the brightest settings seem dull to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerogs View Post
          I had mine installed at the local dealer. Not sure if every installation is the same, but yes there are 5 settings. A push button in the cupholder area allows you to select:

1)off 2)a faint blue 3)a brighter blue 4)a faint red 5) a brighter red.

When you shut the car off and then turn it back on, it reverts to the last setting.

I can not however, turn on the footwell lighting separate from the cupholder lighting. It's all or nothing. I do like it, but I wish it was brighter. Even the brightest settings seem dull to me.
          Mine has one more setting and so should yours. Hold down the button till all the lights start to flash and then let go. It will then rotate continuously through all colors. Wish they faded into each color instead of a hard change. Is there an app for that?

Comment

Originally posted by LeventandDonna View Post
            Mine has one more setting and so should yours. Hold down the button till all the lights start to flash and then let go. It will then rotate continuously through all colors. Wish they faded into each color instead of a hard change. Is there an app for that?
            I don't think I knew that. Or maybe I did and just forgot. I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday so that would not surprise me. The other day I had to ask my wife how old I was.

Comment

Any chance one of you guys can post some pics up the ambient lighting. I'm interested, but would like the color to match the rest of the ambient lighting. Also want it to flow into the dash as well.

Comment

The color matches 100% with the GM kit, but, it's very much overpriced. You also need to drill into your center console.

We have a kit that includes footwell, cup holder panel, and, door pull lighting for about half of that. You can go with RGB instead of single color and still be below that.

Comment

Do you install also?
                  '13 Camaro SS/RS Blue Ray Metallic w/silver stripes, Auto, Rear Vision Package w/camera, Embroidered Console, Blade Spoiler, sunroof.
                  Mods: Dyno Tuned by Nickey, Nickey Comp Cam, Fast 102 Intake manifold w/ported TB, Yank 3200 Stall, CNC Ported Heads by Nickey, Kooks Headers, Borla S-type axleback, Nickey Noweeds diverters, 3:91 gear with 1000HP axles, CAI air intake, Foose Legend wheels.
                  sigpic
                  1.719-60 FT
                  11.668 @ 117.91 MPH
                  Fastest N/A Member

Comment

Certain products. Mostly the ones that are doable in 30 minutes or less. Beyond that, Showstopper, or, your favorite car-audio shop.

Also, most of our stuff can be DIY if you can use basic tools.

Comment

I usually don't like mods like this but I have to say it looks cool in person.

How complicated is it to add the footwell and dash lighting?
                      2010 Camaro SS/RS L99
                      13.15@106 1.95 stock
                      11.84@113 1.59 bolt-ons stock internal
                      10.90@125 1.47 GPI VVT Cam + Bo White Ported Heads

Comment

Footwells are pretty easy (almost 100% plug-n-play for operation with dome lamp). If you want them on with the ABL, or, dash lighting, it's fully plug-n-play.

The dash can be tedious to dial in. Install is not bad.

Comment

Working...
                        X