cable routing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cable routing question

I am installing the Phoenix Gold Camaro 1-Series Amp and Sub upgrade kit in my car and now I have a question. (It never goes like you expect lol)

The instructions say..."Be sure to keep the I-series harness away from the factory power lead for the battery." In the instruction diagram, the orange battery lead which runs up to the engine bay is shown running parallel to the wire harness in the trunk near the back seat, but 6-8 inches apart.

Sounds cool, but my battery lead is not routed like in the installation pictures. Mine actually makes a loop on the side wall and runs inside the side trim and then goes back to the center. So I assume I need to keep the power and the harness separate to avoid static, but in order to do that I would have to remove the positive lead from the battery and drill a hole underneath the cross piece of aluminum at the rear of the back seat, and route the power lead though the hole. Can I do that without weakening the structural integrity of the car? If not, is there some sort of shielding I can put on the cables to prevent static distortion?

Hopefully this makes sense haha.

Never mind. I ripped everything out and re-routed everything. Hopefully this mod is worth the $$$.

Comment

Working...
    X