X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Cams

So, this seems topical!

Here is what I just bought...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IAMHMS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

So far, so good!

This free app that I found is really good, too...
    Last edited by TonyNo; 11-09-2014, 06:46 PM. Reason: Updated Link

I am looking for one so I guess I will wait and let you guys be the testers and tell me which one you think has the best nite time clarity...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyNo View Post
      So, this seems topical!

So far, so good!

http://www.registratorviewer.com/
      I did not know you could read Chinese, that site is all in Chinese when I went to it. LOL

Comment

I have been looking at the replay XD prime, have not found anyone that has one to get feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdog View Post
          I did not know you could read Chinese, that site is all in Chinese when I went to it. LOL
          You can change the language on most foreign sites. I updated the link for English.

I had a buddy scoping them out for a while and he chose this one, so, I did, too.

Comment

Originally posted by tansor View Post
            I have been looking at the replay XD prime, have not found anyone that has one to get feedback
            That's an action cam, not a dash cam. Similar, but, different.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyNo View Post
              So, this seems topical!

So far, so good!

http://www.registratorviewer.com/index_en.html
              I'm looking for a second dash cam and I really like the low profile of this one. Has good specs too, but with only two reviews I'm iffy on buying it, although its tempting. I don't need the GPS part either, just the video, but the price isn't bad for a GPS enabled cam.

Keep us posted on how it works. The reviews seem to say it has problems looping.

Comment

Looping problems seem to be caused by issues with the memory card formatting. My buddy experienced that, and, a reformat seems to have fixed it.

Comment

How is the night vision on that one.?
                  There is a good web site Dash Cam Talk that outlines all of them !

Comment

Night video is as expected: Not super. I'll upload a night segment.

Comment

If anyone is looking to buy, you should wait a couple of weeks for black Friday... Guessing these will be a big hit and you'll probably save a few bucks. Just a thought.
                      2012 VR 1LT RS
                      Custom 45th Anniversary stripes
                      Flow Master Axle Back
                      Some Lighting Mods
                      REDHOT12

Comment

I love mine use it daily. Takes excellent video, captured an almost deer collision 2 weekends ago

Ryan
                        Using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a night-time sample from mine...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPJN4Agq4uY[/ame]

Comment

Pretty good night vision. I like it.
                            '13 Camaro SS/RS Blue Ray Metallic w/silver stripes, Auto, Rear Vision Package w/camera, Embroidered Console, Blade Spoiler, sunroof.
                            Mods: Dyno Tuned by Nickey, Nickey Comp Cam, Fast 102 Intake manifold w/ported TB, Yank 3200 Stall, CNC Ported Heads by Nickey, Kooks Headers, Borla S-type axleback, Nickey Noweeds diverters, 3:91 gear with 1000HP axles, CAI air intake, Foose Legend wheels.
                            sigpic
                            1.719-60 FT
                            11.668 @ 117.91 MPH
                            Fastest N/A Member

Comment

Dash cams are almost a necessity any more. My wife was recently rear-ended by a Mack truck on I-90. Of course the truck driver didn't want my wife to call the police, even though at the time he admitted he didn't see her because he was looking for his exit. By the time the trooper got there, his story had changed to my wife pulled over in front of him. So right now we're in arbitration to determine fault based on the physical damage evidence.

Right after that I bought her the Garmin Dash Cam 10. I spent a week searching for an inexpensive camera, mainly finding all the no-name Chinese made cameras. Although the Garmin is made in China and cost more, it is a large company there to back up warranty and repair issues. One of things to watch out for on these Amazon/eBay specials is who is there to repair/replace your camera if you have issues. It's not worth buying the lowest price camera when you are relying on it to capture an event, only to find out when you need it isn't recording.

I would also suggest getting a larger memory in it. Mine came with a 4GB SD that's good for about 30 minutes of hi-res video. I swapped it with a 32GB SD because when my wife called me after the accident she was not a 100%. Most of these cameras have an incident detection feature where when it senses a accident, the recording is locked to prevent overwriting. Mine records in 4 minute clips and then wraps around to record over older files. I just wanted to make sure that being in an accident, she didn't have to worry about stopping the camera. There's plenty of record time for someone to extract the camera in the event the camera didn't detect a collision and lock the files.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X