Need MyLink installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need MyLink installer

I have the MyLink with Nav, faceplate, video splitter (mirror/nav screen) and all required cables in transit and am looking for someone to install once received.

I may do it myself, but my kids probably can do without the swearing so near Easter.

This is the kit from Gen5DIY.

Please respond with suggested installers and any idea of installation costs?

Toasty, I know you did your own, how was the experience?

Thanks for any input you might share!

Bruce
    Demon
    2012 CRT ZL1 #683
    NicKey Stage II #15
    sigpic

I heard of one person on here use Mr.Kustom.I plan to do mine by myself soon.I was told the dvd that comes with it makes everything easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon View Post
      I have the MyLink with Nav, faceplate, video splitter (mirror/nav screen) and all required cables in transit and am looking for someone to install once received.

I may do it myself, but my kids probably can do without the swearing so near Easter.

This is the kit from Gen5DIY.

Please respond with suggested installers and any idea of installation costs?

Toasty, I know you did your own, how was the experience?

Thanks for any input you might share!

Bruce
      C'mon Bruce, why don't you just start working on another car by now. How much more are you going to do. Hehe

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdog View Post
          C'mon Bruce, why don't you just start working on another car by now. How much more are you going to do. Hehe
          Gotta keep busy until my 2017 ZL1 comes in.
          Demon
          2012 CRT ZL1 #683
          NicKey Stage II #15
          sigpic

Comment

Bruce- it really was pretty straight forward. Seating the extra pins in the connector as required (in the correct orientation!!!) was probably the hardest part, mostly due to the wire insulation size making it a tight fit. Even at that, it wasn't overly difficult, it just takes time and patience.

Comment

Thanks Toasty!

I would have gone for it this past weekend but the installation DVD is bad, so no instructions at all. Would be nice if there were paper instructions too, not dragging video out to garage!

They say my working video will be here Wednesday.

Thanks again!
              Bruce
              Demon
              2012 CRT ZL1 #683
              NicKey Stage II #15
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                it just takes time and patience.
                I'm out!
                sigpic
                2010 2SS/RS #55 NicKey Stage 2S Super-Camaro, custom paint by Pete (Mr. Showstopper)
                Build thread: http://www.chicago5thgen.com/5th-gen...ld-thread.html

Comment

Just shipped mine off too be programmed.

Comment

1 hour in and I have the old radio out.will have to finish wiring later.

Comment

Working...
                    X