Mylink Next Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mylink Next Mod

Mylink radio came in the mail from being programmed. I'm just waiting on my rear view camera to come in the mail,which should be here Monday.So excited to finally install and be done with this mod. Feel like its been forever piecing things together. I shall update with pictures when I get started next weekend.

Mine is in hand also, looking still for someone willing to do the install.....
    Demon
    2012 CRT ZL1 #683
    NicKey Stage II #15
    sigpic

Comment

7 hours in

Done after 7 hours in.Took too many breaks to explain to family what i was doing and why lol. Best decision i have made so far !Love it so much. I only had a few minuetes to play with it once it was done but stereo quality seems better!(or my ears since i haven't driven in two weeks)XM might have me for a little longer just so i can use some of these services
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice! Did not know that you had to pull the console.

Comment

Yea, its a little harness swap for the console,I really want to figure out how to get usb-c cord instead of micro.

Comment

Originally posted by AceOfSpades View Post
            Done after 7 hours in.Took too many breaks to explain to family what i was doing and why lol. Best decision i have made so far !Love it so much. I only had a few minuetes to play with it once it was done but stereo quality seems better!(or my ears since i haven't driven in two weeks)XM might have me for a little longer just so i can use some of these services
            Looks awesome! Great job!

7 hours is not bad, but how would you rate the degree of difficulty and frustration factor?

I'm about to start mine, and not looking forward to the dremel cutting my instructions say are required. Please share your experience!

Thanks for any insights or advice!
            Bruce
            Demon
            2012 CRT ZL1 #683
            NicKey Stage II #15
            sigpic

Comment

Mylink

Originally posted by Demon View Post
              Looks awesome! Great job!

7 hours is not bad, but how would you rate the degree of difficulty and frustration factor?

I'm about to start mine, and not looking forward to the dremel cutting my instructions say are required. Please share your experience!

Thanks for any insights or advice!
              Bruce
              Time would've been shorter but i had to check for sure where the short grey wires went into.So i had to call Gen5 the next morning.It was actually pretty easy when i think back,the hard part is making sure you don't break the bare metal terminals that you have to insert into the harness.I also tried to cover mine with some electrical tape which was also a bad idea because you cant insert the wire all the into the harness,so i had to take that off.I was scared while doing that also.The hole in the center thats needed so your gps will work wasn't too difficult.I used some garden scissors because i didn't want a lot of dust floating around the car and then vacuuming would have took time.When it came time to cut around 4 pack i just taped off area that they suggest then i used a grinder wheel for some fast action cutting.Anything else you need to know just get back to me,im usually on here every few hours lol

Comment

Thank you very much! I think my fear is trimming the gauge cluster, mine is not the original, but a custom cast black carbon fiber / red Kevlar hybrid composite. I've looked into cutting carbon fiber, and it seems a Dremel will work with the proper bit.

Thank you so very much for the insights. I think I'll start on my week off beginning May 2.
                Demon
                2012 CRT ZL1 #683
                NicKey Stage II #15
                sigpic

Comment

When cutting CF, make sure you do it in a well-ventilated area. You don't want to breathe that dust!

Comment

Working...
                  X