X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quaker Steak & Lube

Cool place to cruise to for lunch, in Portage or Burns Harbor Indiana

Right next door to Bass Pro Shop.
    '13 Camaro SS/RS Blue Ray Metallic w/silver stripes, Auto, Rear Vision Package w/camera, Embroidered Console, Blade Spoiler, sunroof.
    Mods: Dyno Tuned by Nickey, Nickey Comp Cam, Fast 102 Intake manifold w/ported TB, Yank 3200 Stall, CNC Ported Heads by Nickey, Kooks Headers, Borla S-type axleback, Nickey Noweeds diverters, 3:91 gear with 1000HP axles, CAI air intake, Foose Legend wheels.
    sigpic
    1.719-60 FT
    11.668 @ 117.91 MPH
    Fastest N/A Member

Comment

I didn't know they were outside of WI. There is one about an hour fifteen from me in Janesville, WI.

Comment

Been by the one in portage many times! Exit 19 off 94.....wouldn't be my first choice for driving the Camaro, lots o trucks and traffic.
        2013 AGM M6 ZL1
        sigpic
        life is not about waiting for the storm to pass....its learning to dance in the rain!

Comment

I agree food is also very good

Comment

I knew about Janesville, didn't know about the others. Off 94 would indeed seem troublesome for portage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyNo View Post
              I didn't know they were outside of WI. There is one about an hour fifteen from me in Janesville, WI.

Quaker State = Pennsylvania

This chain originated in Sharon, PA

sigpic

Comment

Another new idea shot down, we took the Z there yesterday, we have taken the '10 there with N0 issues, to bad cool place with good food

Comment

Originally posted by KATHY63 View Post
                  Another new idea shot down, we took the Z there yesterday, we have taken the '10 there with N0 issues, to bad cool place with good food
                  Not shot down, not sure why you think so. Just voiced some concern for traffic. Coming from the north, 94 could possibly be problematic, - possibly. Need to investigate further. Could be that location, could be another, but don't just think it won't happen

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

The only problem with traffic is a little back up in the right lanes for I-65 interchange. Traffic not an issue. Even then you can take toll road to I-80/94 where it is past the I-65 interchange.
                    '13 Camaro SS/RS Blue Ray Metallic w/silver stripes, Auto, Rear Vision Package w/camera, Embroidered Console, Blade Spoiler, sunroof.
                    Mods: Dyno Tuned by Nickey, Nickey Comp Cam, Fast 102 Intake manifold w/ported TB, Yank 3200 Stall, CNC Ported Heads by Nickey, Kooks Headers, Borla S-type axleback, Nickey Noweeds diverters, 3:91 gear with 1000HP axles, CAI air intake, Foose Legend wheels.
                    sigpic
                    1.719-60 FT
                    11.668 @ 117.91 MPH
                    Fastest N/A Member

Comment

If someone doesn't want to drive to a certain location or attend an event doesn't mean it's getting shot down.
                      I personally think people should post their ideas and if only one other person is interested then that's fine.
                      Events don't have to be large groups.

Comment

There are back roads. And yes I said shot down because comments are about traffic, not saying ok we will look into it. I have found a lot of cool car shows, etc. but why bother if traffic is a problem, we can go enjoy these things ourselves . Too bad that it has come to this. Why would other members suggest things when we have issues with traffic, what happened to the more the merrier, rant over for now
                        Last edited by KATHY63; 03-21-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Might want to have an event coordinator .... I'm just sayin

Comment

Yes!! I was asked to help, not sure how much help they want from me though

Comment

Originally posted by KATHY63 View Post
                              There are back roads. And yes I said shot down because comments are about traffic, not saying ok we will look into it. I have found a lot of cool car shows, etc. but why bother if traffic is a problem, we can go enjoy these things ourselves . Too bad that it has come to this. Why would other members suggest things when we have issues with traffic, what happened to the more the merrier, rant over for now
                              Sorry you took it that way, but unless you see or hear us say NO, then we haven't said NO. - Traffic may not be an issue, but we have to plan that it might be for some- especially depending on the time and day. Sunday afternoon west/northbound on 80/94 through 65 is historically not so good. That doesn't mean that we can't do a meet there. No, we don't have to have massive attendance to a meet, but that doesn't mean trying to take things like traffic into account- especially when there are multiple locations of the same chain. But that also doesn't mean that it would be a season opening meet, which is designed to be a central place. And really, we haven't set up any more meets for the year yet, so please at least give us a chance to actually plan something before getting upset that we haven't planed it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X