Front license plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front license plate

I'm looking forward to the local discussions and goings on. I just got my first Camaro later in life, the term mid-life crisis has been thrown about and that's fine. I picked up a 2018 SS M6 last weekend.
    Noob question- Has anyone had an issue with not having the front plate on here in IL?

Always Nice to hear from a new member.
    Thanks for checking in.
    I have not had a front license plate on any of my cars, daily drivers or the Camaro for over 20 years. On ocassion you might get some new LEO that will pull you over but usually the conversation ends with get a license plate or here is your warning and please get a plate. The bigger question is do you have other infractions that can lead to more tickets, i.e. tinted windows, loud muffler, .... LOL
    I cant guarantee if you can talk your way out of it.
    Personally I would never put a plate on the front but that is just me.
    I know alot of guys do because they dont want the hassle of giving the LEO another reason to pull you over or dont want the expense of a ticket.
    There are a few areas that I intentionally try and avoid because I know they are big on front plates so those towns just typically lose my business, their loss if they are going to play that game I figure. I take a different route and avoid them and thereby avoid their fuel stations, stores ,,,

Comment

On another note , you can always get one of those manually operated or electric license plate holders to tuck it back under the bumper when you don't want to see it.

Comment

Whenever I get pulled over for speeding, I get a warning about not having a front license plate. The last cop told me that he would not get one either, if he had my car. I've never gotten ticketed for no front plate. I've not had a front plate on my fun cars ever. I'm on my 4th.

Comment

I don't have one on my car.. and I don't have on my wifes Tahoe... been good for over 5 years.

joe...
          2015 2SS/RS Vert Comm. Edition/Indy Family Festival
          ARH LTH/HFC, RDP Tune, Legato Mufflers, K&N Blackhawk CAI, Bigworm Blackout kit, Phantom Grills

Comment

Working...
          X