**AUGUST 3RD, 2014 @ GLD**Let's setup a track day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JBruno88 View Post
    True story. Ran a high 10 with just bolt ons and then my trans let go. Have had nothing but tuning problems since I put the new transmission in so I decided to buy hp tuners and do it myself.
    Nice. Let's see a slip. That's impressive without spray.

sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk... that eoukd explain any errora

Comment

• Jeremy

About how far did the left half shaft move laterally when you were under my car? from the wheel to the diff.... The tech at Jennings said the right half shaft is also moving laterally. I have a call into SLP where I got the half shafts to pick their brain. I don't think that any movement latterally is normal.

Thanks

Jim
      L99 to LS3 Conversion, Speed Inc Comp Cam, SLP LT Headers, Corsa Exhaust, Roto Fab CAI, FAST 102 Manifold, Nick Williams 102 TB, FAST Fuel Rails, Yank 3400, 3.91 Gear and TrueTrac, BMR Suspension, Foose Wheels, Heritage Grill

Paint by Countryside Customs

Built and Tuned By Speed Inc.

Comment

• There is always lateral movement. The movement wasn't what worried me. It was the hard clunk sound out of the left one.

Comment

• When it was up on jackstands and rolling I heard an intermittent soft clunk.
          2010 Camaro SS/RS L99
          13.15@106 1.95 stock
          11.84@113 1.59 bolt-ons stock internal
          10.90@125 1.47 GPI VVT Cam + Bo White Ported Heads

Comment

• The guy who usually techs knows me so he doesn't check anything.

I don't think any of us are fast enough but I do have a fire jacket, pants and shoes. I haven't been using the jacket lately but I'll use it in the fall again.

Speaking of self-tuning, Jeremy and I have been learning a lot about L99 shift points.

My 12.17@107 1.66 is a good example of something not working in the shifts. Trial and error. DA has been too awful for me to get my 368-380rwhp? combo into the 11's stock internal.

I've decided I'm not pulling any seats out to run any numbers. I got this car so I can have some inexpensive fun at the track and so I can shuttle my kids to/from school if need be.
            2010 Camaro SS/RS L99
            13.15@106 1.95 stock

Comment

• Syck, did you ever correct your time to see what that would be?

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyNo View Post
                Syck, did you ever correct your time to see what that would be?
                Yessir, 10.88 @ 128 basically. DA doesn't effect boosted cars as much.

But on the reverse side I know the heat was causing extremely high IAT'S which were causing her to pull timing. So a DA correction does not contribute for those variables. Meaning she has a lot more left in her.

Comment

• Jim any update on the car?
                  2010 Camaro SS/RS L99
                  13.15@106 1.95 stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Pro Stock John View Post
                    Jim any update on the car?
                    Yes, thanks for asking. Jennings could find nothing wrong after test drives (no noise), comparing the travel in my half shafts to 3 other stock SS Camaros (travel was the same) and draining the differential (no metal). There is no cover (although I haven't looked to confirm that) to remove to see inside the diff. I just drove home and everything seems perfectly normal.

Pondering my next move.....

Thanks

Jim
                    L99 to LS3 Conversion, Speed Inc Comp Cam, SLP LT Headers, Corsa Exhaust, Roto Fab CAI, FAST 102 Manifold, Nick Williams 102 TB, FAST Fuel Rails, Yank 3400, 3.91 Gear and TrueTrac, BMR Suspension, Foose Wheels, Heritage Grill

Comment

• Originally posted by SCOTCH MAN View Post
                      Yes, thanks for asking. Jennings could find nothing wrong after test drives (no noise), comparing the travel in my half shafts to 3 other stock SS Camaros (travel was the same) and draining the differential (no metal). There is no cover (although I haven't looked to confirm that) to remove to see inside the diff. I just drove home and everything seems perfectly normal.

Pondering my next move.....

Thanks

Jim
                      Interesting.

Once again my concern was not the movement. I know lateral play is normal. Its the hard bang/clunk noise when moving the left axle.

Damage won't be seen unless taken apart. Just make sure to keep that receipt just in case it goes boom.

Comment

• Both sides make the clunking noise but only when I pull hard towars the whell. They do not make niose at the diff just at the wheel.

Comment

• When I was under there. The passenger side made no hard clunk. The drivers side barely moved and it was hitting hard metal. And I was pulling toward the center diff.

Just be cautious of a 1 wheel peel again. It's pretty impressive if your spider gears aren't shredded after a 1 wheel smoke show like that. But hey, maybe it was your lucky day

Comment

• Steve with the red vert is going to a true trac, he was having some major one tire fire. I'm thinking his clutch packs are toast.

I guess if the dealer had the diff cover off and could see everything, just wait and see?
                            2010 Camaro SS/RS L99
                            13.15@106 1.95 stock

Comment

• One Wheel Peels

Originally posted by Pro Stock John View Post
                              Steve with the red vert is going to a true trac, he was having some major one tire fire. I'm thinking his clutch packs are toast.

I guess if the dealer had the diff cover off and could see everything, just wait and see?
                              The dealer did not want to spend the time and my money dropping the diff and opening it up. They did not think there was anything wrong.

My problem is like Steve's. I do too many 1 wheel peels and don't even know if the car can peel both wheels. It could in the past, now I don't know.

I'm going to make an appointment with Jeremy at Black Dog and have them diagnose this thing and find a solution. Could be True Trac or something else.

Comment

• good luck Jim
                                2010 2SS INFERNO ORANGE, M6, LS3
                                ROTO FAB CAI
                                TSP LONG TUBE HEADERS
                                TVS 2300 SUPERCHARGER
                                CORSA SPORT EXHAUST
                                SPEED INC TUNE
                                560 RWHP

Comment