Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to do a Volo Auto Museum Cruise and lunch again this year ?

Comment

Or a Train Station Museum Day again in Union Ill to see all the Old trains there and lunch. That was pretty cool?

Comment

Or the Auto Museum in Roscoe Illinois after the HOOTERS Cruise ?

Comment

Or the Plainfield Camaro Cruise Night ?

Or a Lombard Cruise Night ?

Comment

In my opinion Volo and Historic Auto Attractions in Roscoe are both "been there done that" places. A lot of the movie and famous cars in both places are fakes (Best examples are the 2 Ghostbusters Ecto-1 cars which are still owned by Sony Pictures, so neither of the ones in the 2 museums can possibly be the real ones), and every car club goes to them every year. Time for some new ideas.

Union Railway Museum is great, but the best day to go there is for their Vintage Transportation Extravaganza on Aug 06 when they have a huge car show on the grounds. I will go with my 1976 Lincoln this year. But their cut-off is 2002 which leaves out CNG Camaros unless we go as spectators. Or wait until Fall for a pumpkin train.

Lombard Cruise night is decent. I would go to that.

Comment

Originally posted by linc400 View Post
              In my opinion Volo and Historic Auto Attractions in Roscoe are both "been there done that" places. A lot of the movie and famous cars in both places are fakes (Best examples are the 2 Ghostbusters Ecto-1 cars which are still owned by Sony Pictures, so neither of the ones in the 2 museums can possibly be the real ones), and every car club goes to them every year. Time for some new ideas.

Union Railway Museum is great, but the best day to go there is for their Vintage Transportation Extravaganza on Aug 06 when they have a huge car show on the grounds. I will go with my 1976 Lincoln this year. But their cut-off is 2002 which leaves out CNG Camaros unless we go as spectators. Or wait until Fall for a pumpkin train.

Lombard Cruise night is decent. I would go to that.

Yeah understand , but sone peeps missed volo in years past and missed the train gig so I figure I would give them an opportunity this year . I always like volo as a good family event . The kids enjoy it ! They don't know the difference if it's the actual car if not . Kind of like my car at car shows they think it's the real thing and get a kick out of it .

I like the car show idea at the train gig but I would not want to be hostage to stand by my car . I am going there to look at all the trains which takes a few hours or more . No way I could do a car show there even if I wanted to . I tend to stay right by my car at car shows . I don't participate in car shows that discriminate against newer models . Heheh
              Thanks for the info and input though . Well recognized .

Comment

Any other ideas for other events we have not done is always welcome folks . If you're going somewhere post it up on the suggested event thread . Sone of us may want to join you. It does not have to be an official event to be recognized as fun ! There may be a bunch of things only a few of us go to !
                This site is designed as a tool for peeps to get togethor as often as possible .

Comment

If you like trains, there is the East Troy Electric Railway. It runs to the Elegant Farmer where you can buy assorted farm market, bakery items, and other stuff. They also have dinner trains and assorted events. There is an old-fashioned ice cream shoppe next door, and later in the day, a Dog N' Suds type place further down the road usually has a cruise night on Saturdays.

Or there is always the McHenry Outdoor Theater drive in movie.

Comment

Hi Lawdog you might recall this discussed earlier in the season. My wife has diligently put together what is called the "First Abbey Farms Classic car show" at Abbey Farms (some might know this for the annual Pumpkin Fest and for Fresh Christmas Trees at Christmas time). It is located at 2855 Hart Rd Aurora IL it will be on July 22. 10AM-3PM registration starts 8:00 - DJ Tony will be there for the music and there will be prizes awarded. To register is $15 to just be spectator is no charge. The Cafe and Retail Store will be open. While its dubbed as Classic 40s-80s cars I am sure if any of the current Camaros come out and want to register they will not be turned away unless the show is full but to spectate is totally fine as well.

I am hopeful for wonderful weather it would be an enjoyable time on the farm in Western Aurora it is only 1.5 miles from the Outlet Mall shares property with Marmion Academy. Our car unfortunately no longer a Camaro, but our 1970 Challenger RT 426 Hemi Tribute Car will be registered.
                    2012 Camaro Convertible SS2 SLP ZL560
                    1 of 1 Silver Ice / Black Interior / Supercharged 560 HP / Auto/ Hurst Shifter / Brembos / SLP Springs / Loudmouth II/ Lexani 22 inch / P Zero Nero 265ZR30-22 and 315ZR25-22. and a bunch of other stuff
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X